A widespread epidemic of mysticism is being resurrected and fueled through media pipelines by people’s obsession for science fiction, aliens, and UFO’s. The extraterrestrial feeding frenzy can be seen everywhere; it is on the Internet, which has hundreds of web sites devoted to aliens and science fiction; it is on television and in the movie industry with an ever-increasing audience, including a large percentage of Christians who view it as nothing more than, “harmless entertainment.”
One of the most bizarre interpretations of scripture is called the ‘Serpent’s Seed Doctrine’ and it has been around for at least the past 400+ years, beginning with many of the early reformers, such as John Calvin, John Wycliffe and many others.
Two main camps or schools of thought promulgate the doctrine. Camp #1 believes in extraterrestrial intercourse between fallen angels and pagan women and Camp #2 rejects the alien/human connection. Both camps have some really screwy ideas, as you will see.
Two elements are involved in the Serpent’s Seed doctrine of Camp #1:
Camp #1 teaches the ‘Nephilim’ (Genesis 6:4) are a race of alien humanoids, the offspring of sexual relations between fallen spirits (demons) called the ‘sons of gods’ and the grossly pagan descendents of Cain called the ‘daughters of men.’
Supposedly, the unfortunate byproduct of these ungodly marriage unions was a gargantuan, superhuman race of part man/part fallen angel called ‘Nephilim.’ The Hebrew verb (napal), meaning, "to fall," has been considered the source of the noun ‘Nephilim,’ and so these gigantic creatures have been thought of as "fallen ones."
On the other hand, Camp #2 believes the Nephilim are mongrel human giants, and that they are the offspring produced through sexual relations of Cain’s literal descendents (the daughters of men) with the literal apostate descendents of Seth called the ‘sons of God.’ The intermarriage between the godly line of Seth and ungodly line of Cain produced a group of huge men called Nephilim.
Camp #1 says the “sons of (alien) gods” in Genesis 6:4, came down from another dimension, and overpowered pagan women with their supernatural strength, forcing the ‘daughters of men’ to have sex with them. These alien ‘sons of gods’ raped and impregnated the women, and they gave birth to a progeny that grew into massive hulk-like humanoids called Nephilim. Of course this is all fiction, but naïve Christians are buying into this deception without realizing its’ viral consequences.
The Hebrew words for “sons of God” in Genesis 6:2 and 6:4 is “bene 'Elohim,” which can also be translated either “sons of God” or “sons of (pagan) gods.”
Some commentators claim “sons of God” in Genesis 6:4 and Job 1:6 refer to a “special class of beings that make up the heavenly court,” and may even be identified with angels or messengers.
· Wycliffe Bible Commentary says, “ that members of the heavenly company selected choice women from the earth and set up marriage relationships with them, literally and actually… Women were chosen and forced to become parties to the unnatural relationship… we conclude that some men of the heavenly group (angels or messengers) actually took wives of the earthly women. They used superior force to overpower them, to make the conquest complete. The “sons of God” were irresistible (cf. 2 Peter 2:4; Jude 6).” (From The Wycliffe Bible Commentary, Electronic Database. Copyright (c) 1962 by Moody Press)
This is a doctrine with loads of appeal to people that believe in the aliens, Bigfoot and the boogeyman. Nephilim are first mentioned in the Book of Genesis (6:4) and once in the Book of Numbers (13:33). Later we will examine this doctrine and scrutinize it from the context of the scripture passage in which Nephilim appears.
On the contrary, Camp #2 believes Cain's descendants became increasingly godless and pagan. These descendents of Cain are believed to be the group of people called the “daughters of men” first mentioned in Genesis 6:2 & 6:4. The “sons of God” in Genesis 6:4 were a race of morally depraved human beings descended from Seth, whose origin can be traced all the way back to the Garden of Eden. Matthew Henry, Scofield, and Jamieson, Fausett & Brown are but a few of many commentators who ascribe to this idea.
Hence it is believed the righteous descendents of Seth did not keep themselves set apart to Yahweh, but they grew more and more wicked, and intermingled themselves with the ‘serpent-seed’ race of Cain (called the daughters of men). This ungodly interaction did not rob them of their status as ‘God’s elect’, but rather, it threw them into temporary apostasy.
The second view claims that Nephilim are the offspring of apostate Sethites (sons of God) who intermarried with depraved Cainite women (daughters of men) producing a progeny of wicked tyrants.
Many enthusiasts of the Serpent’s Seed doctrine in Camp #1 believe Eve partook of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, and had sexual intercourse with the serpent (Satan). Supposedly, Lucifer (the proper name for Satan meaning, “light bearer”) used his great supernatural powers to transform himself into the form of a man, thus appearing to Eve in the garden.
According to the doctrine, the serpent bewitched and mesmerized the woman, appearing to her with such lustful passion she fell into a cult-like trance. This serpentine anthropoid looked so handsome and irresistibly delightful to her, she desired to have intercourse with him (READ Genesis 3:1-7). Proponents of serpent seed dogma believe the motive for Eve’s sin was to take herself from beneath the protection and spiritual “covering” of her husband.
In her rebellion, Eve became easy prey for the devil; he impregnated her with his “seed.” After Adam and Eve’s transgression had taken place, God cursed the earth, and His message to the serpent is the basis for the title ‘Serpent’s Seed.’
The offspring of this union between the woman and the serpent was her son Cain. Adam’s sin was failing to protect his wife, and some have even speculated that Satan transformed himself into the form of a woman and Adam had sexual intercourse with the serpent.
John Calvin’s perverted brand of Divine ‘predestination’ could be said to be a byproduct of serpent’s seed doctrines. Unrighteous Cain was ‘predestined’ to kill his righteous brother Abel because he (Cain) was the offspring (seed) of Satan. Cain was acting according to his ‘totally depraved’ nature, and all who descended from his loins would be ‘predestined’ to the same fate. Those who cling to Serpent’s Seed Doctrine use this teaching as an explanation for why some people choose evil, while others choose good. It is a fantasy doctrine and becomes the rationale for Christian parents whose children reject the gospel, or justification for other believers whose loved ones reject the truth.
There are multiple reasons why the Serpent’s Seed dogma is faulty and contrary to scripture.
2. The Nephilim cannot be labeled as byproduct of intercourse between women and fallen angels (demon spirits) because their lineage and ancestry is specified in Genesis. The Nephilim came from the ancestry of Anak (the sons of Anak are part of the Nephilim).
· Numbers 13:33 There also we saw the Nephilim (the sons of Anak are part of the Nephilim); and we became like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight." NAS
3. Cain cannot be the byproduct of the “serpents seed” because Cain would then be the only one whose loins could continue to generate the serpent’s seed. ALL of Cain’s offspring and descendents would have been destroyed in the great flood! Remember, only Noah’s family went into the ark and were saved, and Noah is a descendent of Seth, not Cain. When Noah entered the ark, he took his wife, his three sons (Ham, Shem and Japheth) and their wives. Everyone else on the earth was killed.
· Genesis 7:13 On the very same day Noah and Shem and Ham and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noah's wife and the three wives of his sons with them, entered the ark. NAS
4. The fact the “sons of God” married the “daughters of men” is no proof at all for the theory that the sons of men were fallen angels (messengers). The text specifies both men and women here are mortals!
· Genesis 6:3 Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal; his days will be a hundred and twenty years." (From New International Version)
5. The Nephilim are indicated as having ALREADY been on the earth BEFORE the sons of God and the daughters of men came together conjugally.
· Genesis 6:4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown. NASU
6. The Nephilim are not necessarily the offspring of the union between the sons of God and the daughters of men; the text above in 6:4 merely states that before and after the sons and daughters married and had relations, they (the Nephilim) were there.
· NOTE: A simple example would be like saying, “The brother was there before and after the couple got married and had children. He was a well known man with a powerful reputation.”
7. The sons of God and the daughters of men are mentioned as separate and distinct from the Nephilim earlier in the context of Genesis chapter six. Genesis 6:1-2 simply says the earth’s inhabitants multiplied, daughters were born to the line of men referenced in Genesis 5:1-32. The “sons of God” are not alien spirit beings that come down from heaven and have sex with the daughters of men; this interpretation is the vain imagination of those who don’t read their Bibles carefully. The sons of God are the entire human lineage listed in chapter five.
· Some names of the “sons of God” mentioned are “Seth” (Genesis 5:5-8), “Enoch” (Genesis 5:18-24) and “Noah” (Genesis 5:29-32). These men lived a long time; Seth lived 912 years, Enoch lived 365 years (before God took him alive into heaven!), and Noah was 500 years old when he had his sons Ham, Shem and Japheth.
· Genesis 6:1-2 Now it came about, when men began to multiply on the face of the land, and daughters were born to them, that the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose.
· Doesn’t it make sense that if a man lives to over 900 years old that he would be involved in the multiplication of inhabitants on the earth, and that “daughters” would be born to these men? Why attempt to overcomplicate these simple verses with a complex alien explanation?
8. When God created living organisms, He made every living creature that moves “after its kind.” (Genesis 1:21-25) God made man in His own image and likeness; He made them made and female, and told them, “Be fruitful and multiply.” (Genesis 1:27-28) Even after mankind first sinned, he begat offspring in his own image, NOT that of the sexual intercourse between fallen angels and humans:
· Genesis 4:1-2 Now the man had relations with his wife Eve, and she conceived and gave birth to Cain, and she said, “I have gotten a manchild with the help of the LORD.” Again, she gave birth to his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of flocks, but Cain was a tiller of the ground. NASU (NOTE: In the text, Eve emphatically proclaims, “I have gotten a manchild with the help of the LORD.” How then can proponents of serpent seed philosophy believe Cain is the offspring of Eve and the serpent?
· Genesis 5:1-3 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day when God created man, He made him in the likeness of God. He created them male and female, and He blessed them and named them Man in the day when they were created. When Adam had lived one hundred and thirty years, he became the father of a son in his own likeness, according to his image, and named him Seth. NASU
In Genesis 6:2 & 4 some Christians try to use the “daughters of men” as being Cain’s descendents and the “sons of God” as referring to Seth’s descendents, and believe it was necessary for the two groups to procreate to generate the human race. This contradicts the earlier text of Genesis 4:17 that reads, “Cain had relations with his wife and she conceived, and gave birth to Enoch.”
Furthermore, Adam and Eve had other sons and daughters, and given their longevity, and that of the human race before the great flood, they literally multiplied the earth with inhabitants. The United States of America is less than 250 years old and one can observe how populated it has become. Imagine how crowded it would be if another 550 years passed!
· Genesis 5:4 Then the days of Adam after he became the father of Seth were eight hundred years, and he had other sons and daughters. NASU
There is no such thing as copulation between Satan and Eve, or demons and women, or demons and men. Not only is the aforementioned Serpent’s Seed Doctrine bogus, but also, it is covertly dangerous to one’s spiritual well being. The subtlety of this teaching reads like something from a new Star Trek series, is the elucidation from Lucifer, the light bearer (or Morning Star).
· 2 Corinthians 11:14-15 And it is no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light; so it is not surprising if his servants also masquerade as ministers of righteousness. [But] their end will correspond with their deeds. AMP
Sadly, discernment is a quality lacking in the lives of most Christians today. They watch television, videos and movies filled with witchcraft masquerading as Harry Potter and proclaim it to be “perfectly harmless.” Other Christian camps (with even less discernment) chastise the Harry Potter clan, while they glibly and passively absorb Lucifer’s light rays at the ‘Lord of the Rings’ movies. Christians love to make excuses for the sin they enjoy, and Lord of the Rings enthusiasts say, “But Lord of the Rings is based on J.R. Tolkien’s book, and he’s a Christian author.”
While naïve Christians view the Lord of the Rings movies as “a classic battle between good and evil” and analyze it as a Christian allegory with overtones of moral virtue, they glibly ignore their bias for Hollywood’s version of Tolkien’s books as a valid, “Christian world view.” Since when has recent Hollywood cinema presented an accurate “Christian world view” of good and evil?
English novelist J. R. R. Tolkien created an enduring body of work that includes the novel The Hobbit (1937) and the trilogy The Lord of the Rings (1954-1955). These books are set in a fantasy world called Middle Earth. The Hobbit centers around the small and timid Bilbo Baggins who, lured into a treasure-hunting adventure, finds a ring that makes its wearer invisible. In The Lord of the Rings, Bilbo’s nephew Frodo gains possession of the ring and battles Sauron, a demonic being who desires control over all Middle Earth.
J. R. R. Tolkien British author J. R. R. Tolkien wrote the fantasy tale The Hobbit in 1937 as a children’s book. The sequel, a three-volume set entitled The Lord of the Rings, written between 1954 and 1955, tells a tale of good against evil in the fantastic setting of Tolkien’s imaginary Middle Earth. Microsoft® Encarta® Reference Library 2002. © 1993-2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
The question today’s Christian must ask is, “What would Jesus do?” Jesus spoke in parables and used allegory to present the kingdom of God to the multitudes. However, Jesus did not speak of “wizards” as in Tolkien’s book, where Bilbo’s adventure begins with a visit from a powerful wizard named Gandalf who reveals he must travel with thirteen (an occult number) dwarves to a Mountain where Smaug, an evil dragon lives.
· 1 John 1:6 If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. (From New International Version)
· Mark 4:22-23 “For whatever is hidden is meant to be disclosed, and whatever is concealed is meant to be brought out into the open. If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear.” (From New International Version)
· Luke 8:17 For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open. (From New International Version)
Tolkien’s fantasy has Bilbo slaying the dragon so he can capture a treasure for the thirteen dwarves, and take a ring for himself so he can become invisible through its’ supernatural power. The trilogy evolves with Frodo inheriting the ring, and a satanic being named Dark Lord Sauron comes out of hiding to seek the ring, whose mystic and demonic power can restore him. Does this sound like the type of allegory the Lord Jesus would use?
Noah Webster’s Dictionary defines wizard as a conjurer; an enchanter or a sorcerer. Large tears roll down the face of Jesus as he watches his people become a mishmash of entertainment seekers enchanted with sorcery. They rate the degrees of sin they can tolerate while comfortably enjoying their movies or video games or Internet sites. Their hearts and minds have acclimated to an environment of techno gadgets that keep them from doing anything BUT the study of God’s word, evangelism, prayer and discipling others in Jesus’ name.
Movies like ‘ET Come Home,’ and the Star Trek series first initiated the child of God into the cosmos of beguiling spirits. These flicks had an appeal seemingly harmless. Then came Star Wars, the ultimate sequel of good verses evil. Each time passivity submits to yet another compromise, and it becomes easier and easier to rationalize ungodly behavior. Soon it’s the norm to see Alien, then Aliens, then Alien 3, and then Alien Resurrection. The progression is by design, and Lucifer laughs in triumph as the Christian salivates in anticipation of the next ray of darkness in the form of science fiction.
“It’s all harmless, right? I mean, c’mon, what’s the big deal?” the demons whisper, “Go ahead, your kids will love that new video game. Just think…you’ll have lots in common with them because you’ve seen all the movies. And the bad parts? No problemo…I’ll teach them how to sort that out; I’m very discerning.” The Christian’s interest continues to peak, and so does the devil’s.
Worst of all is how those immersed in sci-fi entertainment become so defensive when criticism is leveled at their pet sin, “Oh boy, they just don’t really understand sci-fi or they wouldn’t say those things!” Dear reader, have you considered that the truly discerning believer does understand and that’s why they criticize?
Television producers nationwide are proliferating ‘reality TV’ that is totally unreal (I mean really, watching Ozzie Osborne stutter to say f--- this and f--- that at home with the wife & kids? You have to be kidding!). Like reality TV, the infatuation with aliens and science fiction has blurred the Christians’ realty, and is covertly influencing the way they interpret the Nephilim of Genesis 6:4.
Aliens are not real, and even if they were, how does that change a Christian’s life? The Nephilim are not a race of extraterrestrial giants that emerged from human intercourse with fallen angels or aliens. And if these things are merely fiction, then there’s no harm done, right? Dead wrong my friend.
· Jude 12-13 speaks of Christians “without scruples providing for themselves alone” and calls them, “clouds without water, swept along by the winds.” More revealing is what the believer becomes as he or she bites into the tree of good AND evil, eventually becoming, “twice (doubly) dead, lifeless and plucked up by the roots; wild waves of the sea, flinging up the foam of their own shame and disgrace; wandering stars, for whom the gloom of eternal darkness has been reserved forever.” (From the Amplified Bible)
The right way matters, and it’s not OK to mix a little bit of poison with your dinner. Rat poison is usually less than 3% strychnine and 97% rolled oats. The scriptures must be interpreted accurately, or not at all. There are many portions of God’s word that leave us with unanswered questions. There are passages that have yet to be revealed to us by God, which He will do in His time.
The Nephilim of Genesis 6:4 are NOT one of the mysteries or ambiguous portions of the Bible. It has and deserves answers and will expose the deception of the Serpent Seed Doctrine. Furthermore, it will teach the truth and set us free to deepen our relationship with God the Father, and with His son Jesus Christ.
The Nephilim first appear in Genesis 6:4 and then again in Numbers 13:33.
The text above is somewhat ambiguous to interpret because it not obvious if the Nephilim are one and the same as the “sons of God.” It is likely Nephilim is a reference to the stature of certain giant men who lived “in those days” and “afterward.” Nephilim are not the ‘sons of God’ who married the ‘daughters of men’ because these are mentioned together in the context before Nephilim appear (Genesis 6:2). The word “afterward” is penned on purpose to show Nephilim continued to exist in a dominant role after the flood.
The Hebrew word for the English transliteration ‘Nephilim’ is defined as follows:
Nephilim means “a feller” (One who hews or knocks down). To hew can mean to cut with an ax, or other like instrument, for the purpose of making an even surface or side; as, to hew timber. One possibility for describing Nephilim is as a kind of ancient lumberjack whose trade is to hew down, to cut down; to fell (trees) by cutting.
To hew or to chop can take on a completely different character. It can mean to cut or to hack; as, to hew in pieces. This may refer to a savage sort of man who uses a sword or another sharp instrument to cut off the parts of human bodies in warfare, thus ‘felling’ a man to the ground.
These Nephilim were a group whose men were known as, “the mighty men who were of old, men of renown” (Genesis 6:4; NASU). In Hebrew the phrase “the mighty men” means, “the powerful warriors” or “tyrants.” The phrase “men of renown” in Hebrew means, “men of reputation, fame, glory or authority.” So these Nephilim were warriors and tyrants who had a reputation and were famous for their exploits and killing.
Numbers 13:33 tells us Nephilim still existed some years after the great flood, but these could not be direct descendents of the antediluvians in Genesis 6:4 who died in the flood.
The “sons of Anak” are “a part” of the Nephilim, as described by Israel’s spies when they returned from the land of Canaan. To gain insight into the characteristics of Nephilim, we must examine the context of scripture passages in which they appear. In Genesis 6:4 Nephilim are sandwiched between verses that speak of the most grievous corruption of mankind:
· Genesis 6:1-12 Now it came about, when men began to multiply on the face of the land, and daughters were born to them, 2 that the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose. 3 Then the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” 4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown. 5 Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 The LORD was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. 7 The LORD said, “I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky; for I am sorry that I have made them.” 8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD. 9 These are the records of the generations of Noah. Noah was a righteous man, blameless in his time; Noah walked with God. 10 Noah became the father of three sons: Shem, Ham, and Japheth. 11 Now the earth was corrupt in the sight of God, and the earth was filled with violence. 12 God looked on the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth. NASU
The Nephilim were corrupted, because they are included as a part of “all flesh” that “had corrupted their way upon the earth” (Genesis 6:12). Furthermore, as soon as Nephilim are mentioned in 6:4, the next verse says, “Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.”
To confirm this interpretation one need look no further than the verse just before Nephilim are mentioned, when the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” (Genesis 6:3)
The account in Numbers 13:33 does not paint a favorable picture of the Nephilim either. Moses sent out spies to see what was in the land of Canaan, and this is a part of their report mentioning the Nephilim:
The spies said of the Nephilim, “they are too strong for us” and spoke of their domain as “a land that devours its inhabitants.” Obviously Nephilim lived among a race of people large in stature because the spies said, “all the people whom we saw in it are men of great size.” The Nephilim were particularly gigantic for they are described as, “the Nephilim (the sons of Anak are part of the Nephilim); and we became like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight.” The spies had nothing but a “bad report” about the land where the Nephilim dwelt.
There is another account of the sons of Anak, and it describes the Nephilim. After the spies of Israel returned from Canaan, the LORD spoke to the people through Moses; He commanded them to cross the River Jordan and conquer the sons of Anak:
The words of Moses not only describe the enormous size of the Anakim, but also the dread of those who saw them. When all the facts are in, it is highly unlikely the Nephilim are fellers of trees and more probably gargantuan men that hew their enemies to pieces and “devour” them (not as cannibals, but metaphorically they consume their opponents).
The word Nephilim is only used in two scripture verses, but its root word origin ‘napal’ or ‘naphal’ appears elsewhere in the OT and is more descriptive of the character of these men. Naphal means, “to fall, be prostrate, drop; to be overthrown; to cause to fall, throw down, cast oneself down; to fall upon, attack; to fell, make the face fall; to lay down; to desist.”
Apparently this ancient Hebrew Nephilim (fellers) word was well known to Israelites who associated it with its root word naphal (to fall). Two ideas of what “fellers” are emerge from the root word origin of Nephilim; the first is their reputation for “violent circumstances” (see AMG above) and causing their opponents to “fall” in battle. The second word association with Nephilim had more to do with how other people reacted or responded to them; those who met the Nephilim face-to-face would ‘fall prostrate’ before these giant warriors (or their hearts would ‘fail’ them for fear of the Nephilim).
The most popular account in the Bible is the OT story of David and Goliath. Goliath was a giant of a man. Goliath was 9 ½ feet tall (1 Samuel 17:4) and skeletons recovered in Palestine attest to the fact that men as tall as Goliath once lived in that general region (Also see Deuteronomy 2:10-11).
In the Hebrew OT the root word for Nephilim (naphal) is used three times in the text of David and Goliath. Below are the three scripture verses, and notations have been made next to the English words translated from naphal (naphal means to fall or prostrate oneself in fear).
That Nephilim were a class of warriors within the communities of giants can now be firmly established. These massive men were fellers, who used axes, swords and sharps stones to hack (hew) their enemies to pieces. There was a day of reckoning for Nephilim when David was made king of Israel, and Joash his general. Together they pursued and destroyed the enemies of God, and did unto the giants as the giants had done to others:
One of the definitions for Nephilim given by Strong’s Dictionary is “a tyrant; a bully.” To bully means, “to insult and overbear with noise and blustering menaces.” To tyrannize is to exercise impetuous control; to rule with unjust and oppressive severity; to exercise power over others not permitted by God, His Law or required by justice, or with a severity not necessary to the ends of justice.
A prince will often tyrannize over his subjects; republican legislatures sometimes tyrannize over their fellow citizens (e.g. – Saddam Hussein’s republic), masters sometimes tyrannize over their servants or apprentices and a husband intimidates or browbeats his wife and children.
There are also a sort of Nephilim that occupy the pulpits in churches across America and the world. They use fear tactics to control the people and keep the money rolling in. They fleece God’s sheep for tithes and offerings through coercion and peer pressure. They are spiritual bullies, and all it takes is one small stone of truth slung by the hand of anointed servants to bring them to their knee in repentance.
These avaricious wolves even use the Bible out of context, quoting OT passages to get the people to tithe to the institution or church organization, saying, “Some of you don’t believe in tithing, but Malachi says, Will a man ROB God? Yet you have robbed Me! But you say, ‘In what way have we robbed YOU?’ In TITHES and offerings!”
The minister’s voice rises higher, his finger points squarely in the middle of the congregation, and he finishes quoting Malachi out of context, “You are cursed with a curse, for you have robbed Me, even this whole nation. Bring ALL the tithes into the church…”
Of course this never really gets everyone to give 10%, but it will make enough folks feel guilty, ashamed or uncomfortable enough that they dare not be seen withholding from the offering plate. What ever happened to the cheerful giver? Why not teach that love is the gift we give to God when we care for the needs of others?
Pastors act like Nephilim in other ways too, like manipulating what people believe, and demanding conformity to a set of manmade rules. Some pastors are so obsessed with manipulating others they tell the women whether or not they can wear make-up, or cut their hair, or how far below the knee their dresses must go. Other ministers are so insecure they do all that is in their power to keep others from “stealing” their sheep (instead of recognizing they aren’t his sheep but God’s!).
Husbands that intimidate and criticize their wives are like Nephilim; they are bullies, and make their wife afraid to share her opinion or truly be herself. They put demands on her and have expectations like a taskmaster, “Where’s my dinner? Where’s my shirt? Blah, blah, blah!” They treat the one they promised to love and cherish like she was a child.
God drove the Nephilim out of Canaan and He will drive it out of those who refuse to do His will. He is the one who demands us to obey, and yet He does it with patience and love. He wants us to treat others the way we want to be treated, and if we do it, the Nephilim will shrink into little midgets.